Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fitness Expert Leigh Guda "Exclusive" Interview and Photos!


Above Pic: Leigh Guda working out at Maximus Den. All below Photos, except the cosplay one are exclusive and (C) 2013 Dee Jocson Photography. Visit his fantastic site @ https://www.facebook.com/DEE.JOCSON.PHOTOWORKS All photos are desktop wallpaper sized, click to increase. To learn more about Maximus Den, work your browsers to: https://www.facebook.com/MaximusDenFitnessCenter?hc_location=stream

Also check out this exclusive Dan's Movie Report Promo, filmed in 2012 by Jeff Centauri: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxNGKSU1VEU&feature=youtu.be

Way back in 2009, my first interview on Dan's Movie Report was martial artist Jovelyn Maria Minoza. Because I am writer and lover of action films, I feel that people outside film in the fitness and martial arts world also deserve credit, as these people often are the trainers of the actors, and strive for excellence. Thanks to Jeff Centauri, Leigh Guda came to my attention last year, her unique and action oriented approach to fitness, is inspirational and motivational, and needs worldwide exposure. Direct from the Philippines, inside her Maximus Den Fitness Center, comes Leigh Guda, read on as she chats in depth about her fitness, and personal dreams.


How did you get started with fitness? 

I started out as a dancer.. going to the gym was just a way for me to supplement my dancing and was a means for me to release stress from work as I was working as a dancer/choreographer for TV shows.



Did you always desire to be fit or was it a body transformation?

As a kid I was already fit.. I tried to imitate what my dad does to get fit.. he jogs, I jog.. he does pull ups, I do pull ups etc.. I want to keep my body always active.. that’s what makes me fit..

Describe a typical Leigh Guda work out.

Typical Leigh Guda workout would be a 4 days a week routine with muscle parts spread throughout the 4 days.. like I do legs in one days, chest and triceps on the second day, back and biceps on the third and shoulders on the 4th day.. then cardio on a Saturday as I teach dance aerobics at Maximus den during this day.. I do my abdominal workouts either Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.. depending on my mood.



How did your fitness center Maximus Den materialize, was it a concept, collaboration with your husband?

When I was still working, I always thought of myself owning my own studio,  then I met my husband who is bodybuilder, when we got together, we shared our plans so I told him mine. He also had plans of putting up a gym, so there we put up MAXIMUS DEN which has the gym for weight training and a studio for dancing...

Interesting regarding the origins of Maximus Den. Having your own gym is exciting, what are some of the long term goals of Maximus Den?

Long term for MAXIMUS DEN hmmmmmm aside from continuing to help others to attain the body they want and be healthy and fit, we would want and wish and pray that MAXIMUS DEN would have branches spread throughout the country.. a long shot but we hope it comes true… aside from that maybe do like a MAXIMUS DEN apparel.. (shirts, shorts, jogging pants and other workout gears)

Back to workouts; Chat about the importance of changing up workout routines. How do you keep routines fresh.

Changing your workout makes the muscles wonder what you are going to do next.. by changing your routine, you confuse your muscles to grow, because when you do the same workout every time, your muscles get used to it thus no improvement will be seen. When you change routine, your muscle tends to get thicker, and tougher in order to compensate and adapt to the changes you are doing.. I usually change my routine by (1) varying weights like doing heavy or light with less rest in between (2) changing up the sequence of the exercises (3)changing up the intensity of workout (4) changing exercises for a body part (5) mixing up the sequence for days of exercises (6) doing super sets or giant sets.



Your level of fitness is quite impressive, do you have a favorite body part you like to work on?

I love doing legs, many others would try to skip leg day, but for me it’s the best day as it helps me burn a lot of calories and for me it’s the hardest body part to train (they say the hardest would give you the best benefits)  ;)

 Shifting focus to your thoughts on a bodybuilding question, females with huge muscles like body builders, what is your opinion on that?

I have nothing against females with huge muscles, actually I have female friends who are bodybuilders..i admire the effort and sacrifice they put in their daily routine in order to achieve that kind of body.. I love watching them, I admire them but I don’t think I want to get big like them...



How about diet, what are some of your Favorite foods, how about on cheat days sweet stuff?

With diet I try to stay away from fatty food, too salty and too sweet foods,  when I am preparing for a contest I go for a high protein, low carb diet, my carbs would come from high fiber foods like sweet potatoes  oatmeal and fruits.. cheat days hmmmm yeah… chocolates…. I love chocolates...

Pretty cool to see you have competed in a few fitness competitions, what made you want to compete in them?

Well at first, it was just for experience, an instructor from a gym where I used to train before asked me if I would want to join a bodybuilding competition.. I didn’t know anything about a bodybuilding competition but I said yes, that is when I got involved and got hooked in joining bodybuilding competitions with fitness category.

I have heard sometimes there is fighting or disagreements among competitors, have you witnesses in your experience?

Sometimes, but I don’t mind them, I found them funny.



Do you feel it is harder for a woman to be respected in fitness?

Respect, no… In my experience, I was accepted right away in the fitness world as one of the best as I always give a good show every time I step on stage, during my last competition I was the champion in BIKINI and FITNESS categories.

That is pretty cool, you are super fit, seem natural as a fitness competitor, shifting gears again, we chatted about cosplay in our past conversations.  How did you get interested in that realm?

I always wanted to play dress up, one of the members in our gym asked me why I don’t join cosplays, I told him I was interested so he introduced me to a group then there I became POWER GIRL and sometimes CHUN-LI in cosplays.



Who are some of your favorite characters, and future ones you want to do?

Catwoman, and Mystique.

I would love to see you as Mystique, that would display your power, let us wrap up the interview, as I know it is time for another intense and innovative Leigh Guda workout. What are some of your long term fitness goals, ever want to come to compete in US competitions?

I would enjoy competing in other countries in the future, would love to compete someday in international competitions like the Arnold’s Classic...

I hope to see you on an international stage soon, as you certainly deserve it. Anything else you want to add?

Just enjoy life while you have it, never regret the pain, that will make you stronger ;)

Thank you so Much Leigh, wonderful chatting with someone so full of life.


Thank you sir Danny.

Work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to post, ads or flaming will be deleted.