Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Actress/Model Kelly Tandiono Interview (Exclusive) (C) 2018 Danny Templegod for Dan's Movie Report



Above Image: Kelly Tandiono

Greetings valued Dan's Movie Report readers. As most of my followers know, I research films and TV shows from all over the world looking for unique talent to spotlight and interview. Thanks to my buddy Ron Smoorenburg, who worked with Kelly Tandiono on the new HBO Asia series 'Grisse' I connected and present a brand new interview. Kelly chats about Grisse and some of her modeling and hosting work on Asia Top Model.



DMR: Chat a bit about your childhood, and your first jobs in modeling?



KT: As a child I have always been a Tomboy I was very active and sporty. I even used to fight with boys but they always end up running away because I was pretty good at fighting. I never thought I would end up being a model nevertheless an actor. I started my modeling career in Singapore while I was in University, initially as a part time job. I didn’t know I was pretty good at it until I was booked by Calvin Klein himself during a casting in Singapore for my first runway as a model. Until one day when I graduated, I started to travel around the world and started my career as a professional model.



DMR: Did you attend a modeling classes or seminars?



KT: I learned everything by doing, though I wished that I did attend a modeling school. It would have made my career progress even further. 

Above Photo: Hakim Satrio https://www.instagram.com/hakimsatrio/


DMR: How did you get cast in Asia's Next Top Model?



KT: It was very funny, I actually got a message from Facebook telling me that they would like to meet with me as a possibility to be a model mentor and judge on Asia’s next top model season 4. I was pretty surprised and actually thought it was a hoax but thankfully I replied, met the team and I got the job. 



DMR: I watched a couple of episodes of the show online, seems like in the Asia version the models are more active, what are your thoughts about the show did you watch prior to going on the show?



KT: I have to be honest, I don’t really watch reality TV shows, but for this show, before I was offered the job to be a model mentor on season 4, I actually casted for season 2 and wanted to be part as a contestant confident enough I could win it but I didn’t make the casting. I guess god had a bigger plan for me and I’m very thankful for that. I believe this show gives the contestant a chance to shine and proceed further on their career as a professional model.



Above Photo: Hakim Satrio https://www.instagram.com/hakimsatrio/


DMR: Cool Story, I saw that the models had to do a lot of sequences that involved some action did you discuss your ideas with the producers since you were a mentor and judge on season 4.?



KT: Yes of course I did every episode we would sit down and discuss with the team. 



DMR: Speaking of Models and Supermodels, please chat about the formation, ideas, and goals of the Supermodels Project. What made you want to join, and or help form the project?



KT: Supermodels Project is a project that came true for me as a model. I always had a dream of opening up my own school so I could share my experience, knowledge and passion with others. So I and another 3 Indonesian supermodels joined forces to build a character building school that just opened up this April 2018. This school not only teaches modeling but also acting, public speaking, sports, culture, nutrition and many more. For more information you can check our website at www.supermodelsproject.com or our instagram @supermodelsproject 

 Above Photo: http://www.erieknjuragan.com/



DMR: On to Grisse, just watched the trailer for HBO's Grisse, very cool looking series like a U.S. Western, can you discuss how you auditioned and got the part on the show?



KT: My agent, Fly Entertains in Singapore actually got this casting for me. I casted for this and met the director Mike Wiluan and writer Rayya Makarim. I am very happy to have met these talented people, and very fortunate chance to have the opportunity to work with them. 



DMR:   Chat about your Grisse character name and brief description?



KT: My character name is Hidayat. Hidayat is a quiet, abrasive and cautious lady, but can be very aggressive at times. She possesses a masculine name and character as a result of years pretending to be a boy to avoid unwanted attention. Her family was murdered and evicted forcibly from their village. She had nowhere to go but to join the rebels. In order for her to join she had to maintain her guise as a boy to be allowed to fight, that is why she has good fighting skills. 




DMR: Chat about some of the action training you had to do for the role.



KT: I always love training because this makes you better and stronger. I would always come to the choreography studio everyday to work out and bug my choreographer Kazu and Eko to train me. I realized that martial art training makes me happy and gets me in good mood even if I am always in a good mood. I learned new techniques and even got the chance to work with Ron Smoorenburg he has amazing moves though I got punched accidentally during the take because my reaction was too slow. It was awesome!!!



DMR: Did you get to do any stunts, wire-work, I did see that you had some fighting.



KT: For the fighting I did it myself but I wish I did the slings and fire jumps but the production team had stunts to do that as a lot of the moves are very dangerous and they prohibit the cast to do so. Safety was their first priority.



DMR: I saw the listing is for HBO Asia only and an 8 episode series are there any plans that you have heard of to expand the series to more episodes and to the U.S. Eventually?



KT: I believe you can watch it on HBO GO, HBO HD and HBO OD for US and Europe. For the second season that would be up to infinite studios and HBO.

Above: Kelly in the Puma ad, please check out the one minute video, after reading the interview.


DMR: Speaking of training, I know you are a brand ambassador for Puma and your commercials are really bad ass to say the least, are you given the chance to have input on them? If so, what were some of the ideas you discussed with the producers if not, chat about concepts and how they were filmed like length of time to film the commercials and shooting schedules etc...



KT: Yes usually we would have briefings. I would usually give ideas such as the poses, photographer, make up and outfit. 

Above: Kelly shows of her sexy side. Image: Natasha Estelle  https://www.instagram.com/natashaestelle/?hl=en



DMR: That is very good being able to have creative input. I am curious about the Indonesian film market in 2018 with the recent success of The Raid films and the actors from the films enjoying some Worldwide spotlight how has it helped the industry and has it helped newer actors get parts as well?



KT: ,Yes thankfully with movies like the Raid it has helped the industry for Indonesian actors to be offered and be allowed a chance to play in a Hollywood Productionand not only that recently an Indonesian film has been cooperating with Fox international production and HBO. 



DMR: Chat about your career path, After Grisse do you have any new TV or film projects in the works?



KT: The project that I am working on right now is an action movie Gundala an Indonesian superhero movie based on a comic book. Directed by Joko Anwar a screenplay production. 






DMR: Perhaps end the interview with some advice to young models and actresses, just starting out in the business. Is there anything you wish you had done at a younger age or not done as a younger person in the business?



KT: I am actually very thankful to have achieved a lot of things in life but the one thing that I would have done earlier is to go to a film school. I am in the entertainment industry but there are so many things and terms that I am still unaware of so never stop learning, meet as many interesting and inspiring individuals as possible, and don’t forget to dream. Dream big and never lose hope, always remember dreams don’t work unless you do.

Thanks Kelly! What an interview! 
Definitely follow Kelly's social media official outlets and watch for more exclusive material in the coming months on Dan's Movie Report.

To Watch Grisse-  http://hboasia.com/HBO/en-sg/shows/grisse/







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to post, ads or flaming will be deleted.