Monday, December 31, 2018

Black Mirror: Bandersnatch Movie Review © 2018 Dan's Movie Report

Above: Bandersnatch (C) 2018 Netflix!


Greetings valued Dan's Movie Report readers, I would like to wish you all a happy New Year. Full disclosure, I have never watched ANY of the Black Mirror shows prior to this. I come to this interactive film as a fan of a variety of entertainment. Netflix represents an opportunity for film makers and content creators the world over to ply their craft. It is forcing older media to be more creative, and in 2019 will bring the biggest blockbuster ever for Scorcese.
Exciting times ahead, big risks as well.

The Black Mirror interactive movie represents for me as a viewer, the opportunity to watch an entire season of programming with a variety of scenarios. There is 5 hours of content, on this even though it says 1 hour and 37 minutes. Stick with it, choose all the options. I am not going to be a jerk and spoil it but for me when I saw Chloe Bruce as a stunt person, I needed to find that option, wow! I will liken Bandersnatch  to a choice between the light, the dark and the Netflix path, if the viewer has not reached the credits on all three paths then congrats you have more work. Wait, too hard you say, I understand it, you can be one of the apparent 45 million who have watched Bird Box, which I have not seen, mostly due to the tremendous amount of unusual content, and the amazing Tidelands series. 

I plan to watch Bird Box of course but again, Netflix is checking if its viewers want to see more happy, sad, action, violence, and or emotional stories. Black Mirror is their own personal playground, a rabbit hole or a mountain, you decide, jump or not, do or not.

Overall the interactive film as a whole is a huge step to Netflix,they are learning their audience. Big risk, as the stock has taken a hit after the Summer high. It is exciting times in this bustling world to “Netflix and Chill!!” Black Mirror: Bandersnatch Rates a mind bending - 9 out of 10!

Subscribe today! www.netflix.com
2019 will be amazing, get ready for Wu Assassins as well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments related to post, ads or flaming will be deleted.