Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rock Of Ages! Exclusive report! Danny Shamon (C) 2011

The casting call said to be at Sunlife Stadium in Miami Gardens at 1pm wear all black and dress in 80s style hair and make-up for girls etc. This was an open call, which means anyone could attend, only hard core fans would go to the stadium on a Monday afternoon in 95 degree weather! They wanted true metal and hard rock fans. I arrived about 12:40pm.

They had a pavilion set up I saw and several school buses lined up. I knew this was going to be a secret private shoot. I was instructed to leave all transmitting electronics in the car and I got to the booth and we were given a raffle ticket, for prizes, and a Black wristband on my right arm.

I was patted down, metal wanded, and searched. and on the bus off to the Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Fl! I was ready to rock 80s style!

Buses arrived in order and the earlier you got to the arena the more of the filming you were able to either be a part of or observe. I arrived at the Hard Rock at 1pm.

We were instructed to sit in a certain section, as I entered the arena I was transported back to the 80s as the entire set was massive, huge, thousands of lights and all using 80s technology! It was time to Rock! It was the largest stage I have ever seen at the Hard Rock!

The first sequence was with Julianne Hough and Tom Cruise and they were shooting the singing for Don't Stop Believing by Journey. All aspects of the song were shot different angles.

I moved very close to the stage for this part of the filming. I got my on camera moment when they replaced my obscure 80s band t-shirt with a cool Arsenal, Rock of Ages T-Shirt! I wanted to observe all parts of the set including the second unit groupie shoot so this will be my only on cam moment. Cruise and Hough were smiling throughout all of the takes, I especially liked what Julianne had to say after shooting she said "you guys make me feel what it was like to be a live singer and alive in the 80s and experience it" She kept thanking the audience. This was more than a job it was fun for them. The musical director from Glee Adam Anders was instructing us in the sing along parts. He was very upbeat and honest guy. Liked his style, see why the show is a big hit. He also offered a role on Glee to the one who could scream the loudest at one point later in the shoot.

The Director Adam Shankman proclaimed "He was just a gay Jewish man from LA living his dream to ROCK!"

More on the way... Stay tuned for explosions, reigning fire, billowing smoke and of course Green Screened groupies! Must have green screened groupies! Next report 2nd unit!

2 comments:

  1. So, did you scream the loudest????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam Michael Shankman (born November 27, 1964) is an American film director, producer, dancer, actor, and choreographer. He has been a judge on the television program So You Think You Can Dance since Season 3. He began his professional career in musical theater, and was a dancer in music videos for Paula Abdul and Janet Jackson.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments related to post, ads or flaming will be deleted.